What is NLP and Why is it so Effective?
According to Psychology Today Magazine,
“Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is arguably the most powerful Behavioural Science on the planet today”
Thousands of people now use its simple techniques to help themselves or their clients get more of what they want out of life. Now the magic of NLP is available to you right here in Perth through The Inspiration Factory.
NLP can be applied in the following areas:
- Counselling, coaching and therapy to accelerate changes with clients by looking at the processes that underlie a particular pattern, emotion or habit.
- Education and training to promote and accelerate learning and memory. NLP is also a valuable tool when it comes to training and teaching design methods.
- Personal development to remove negative emotions and patterns and promote confidence and self esteem. NLP also has tremendous applications in goal setting.
- Business to promote good communication and negotiation strategies including sales and management skills.
- Sport to enhance performance.
- Parenting, learning how to foster good, clear communication with your children right from the start.
- Communication, to acquire excellent communication skills.
What is NLP?
According to Wikipedia NLP or Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) is a personal development system developed in the early 1970's by Richard Bandler and John Grinder, in association with Gregory Bateson. It uses a toolbox of strategies, axioms and beliefs about human perception and subjective experience.
NLP’s core idea is that an individual’s thoughts, gestures and words interact to create one’s perception of the world. By changing one’s outlook, therefore, a person can improve his attitudes and actions. These observations can be changed by applying a variety of techniques.
NLP teaches that a person can develop successful habits by amplifying helpful behaviors and diminishing negative ones. Positive change can come when one carefully reproduces the behaviors and beliefs of successful people (called ‘modeling’). It also states that all human beings have all the resources necessary for success within themselves.
Bandler and Grinder credited three successful therapists Fritz Perls, Virginia Satir and Milton Erickson as NLP’s major inspirations. They ‘modeled’ the therapists and developed special 'patterns' for general communication, rapport-building and self-improvement.
NLP author Robert Dilts calls the system ”the study of the structure of subjective experience.” NLP remains popular as an approach to self-help, personal influence and business communication. It is also used as an adjunct by therapists in other therapeutic disciplines.
According to The Inspiration Factory
NLP is from the cognitive behavioural family of behavioural sciences and is considered by many to be the most effective behavioural change technology on the planet today. It is both an art and a science.
For us NLP is like a manual for the mind. It shows you how you work. It shows you what motivates you and what shuts you down, and then shows you how to change these drivers if they are not as effective as you would like. It offers a number of rapid techniques (sometimes seconds) that can facilitate change in a person and essentially put that person back in charge of their own mind and therefore their results.
More than that though, NLP is an attitude, an approach to life that is one of curiosity and the pursuit of excellence. Whatever you do, we will make you better.
The best practitioners of this art truly understand the central premise of NLP which is that it is essential to take responsibility for what is happening in your life. At the very least you are responsible for your actions and reaction.
Many approaches suggest this same premise - that you are responsible for your life experience. The difference is, NLP shows you how to take charge of every action and reaction. Any thought at any particular time. It makes emotional responses like anger, stress, frustration etc choices, and gives you better ways of handling situations.
The benefits... Why Learn NLP?
- More confidence
- Reduced stress
- Improved relationships
- Get rid of fear, procrastination & limiting beliefs
- Learn how to deal with difficult people
- Learn strategies for achievement
- Learn how to help others
- New career as a practitioner
- Competitive edge
- Enhanced leadership & management skills
- Understand people’s behaviour/motivations
- Better goal setting and achievement
- Manage unhelpful emotions
- Conflict resolution skills
- Sales and marketing advantages
See what you'll learn in our Certified NLP Practitioner Program or Master Practitioner Program